Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Coverage From the New Mexican . . .

. . . of the Sotomayor nomination that is. But apparently, I've reached local talking head status:

Adam Kokesh, a libertarian-leaning Iraq war veteran considering a run for Congress
in New Mexico's Third District, said Tuesday: "It's just sad that we're not discussing
how capable (nominees) are to interpret the constitutionality of legislation and their
commitment to those principles. ... In terms of faithfully upholding the constitution
(Sotomayor's) record is tragically deficient in terms of her views on general government
intervention and her disregard for the Second Amendment."

I would say I was misquoted, since I'm sure what I said was far more eloquent than that, but the points conveyed were exactly what I intended, and I got the last word in the story!

0 comments: