Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Best Damn Email I Have Ever Recieved


Dear Sergeant Kokesh,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I support you and your actions from the bottom of my heart. I enlisted in the Marine Corps out of a desire to do my civic duty and help America be a better place. Instead I have found myself a pawn to the Bush administration's ignorant, gluttonous, and uncaring fiscal goals.

Like you, I continue to believe that the Marine Corps is a decent and wholesome organization. It helps boys become men. However, I have come to realize it also turns boys into cattle, to feed a third parties profit. I have several years left on my contract, and I wonder daily when my number will come up.

Please, never lose faith, and continue to fight the good fight. You've got fellow Marines depending on you.

LCpl XXXXXXX



Just so it's clear, this young Marine did include his name, location, and unit in the email, but requested that they not be published online. This is the kind of Marine the peace movement needs to be reaching out to. They are out there. I replied that is was not just heartening to hear that he supports me, but that the sentiments IVAW is expressing are shared by those who are still among "the troops." I hope that this email will be a galvanizing force in the movement, even if that is only the veterans movement. I intend to frame it and hang it next to my door when I get a door to hang it by.

3 comments:

Kenyon said...

Hell yeah.

Anonymous said...

You are my hero for speaking out against a tyrrant, a mass murderer and a puppet pulled by the sringe holders who have done more to hurt America than our generation will ever admit to or will ever understand. I can only hope the next generation of American voters are not so ignorant as to elect a criminal to the White House in the future. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, their friends and much of Congress belong behind bars, you don't. Robin Fletcher

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,

As a former Soldier in the Army's 82nd Airborne (Infantry) and the Natioanl Guard (Combat Engineer), 28 year Fire Fighter, EMT and a GOD fearing Patriot who intends to fight in defense of the way of life and freedom the Constitution my ancestors created to insure that we never again suffer under the yoke of TYRANTS,
I SALUTE YOU!
"Have no concern what you will say" the SPIRIT is with you.

WILLNOTBOW!!!