Saturday, May 26, 2007

Legal Case Update: WE GOT A BUS!!!


When I told Brigadier General Moore that I would not roll over and accept an Other Than Honorable Discharge without a hearing, I requested that it be held close to DC because that’s where most of my witnesses and I live. But that request was denied and the hearing will be held at 8am on Monday, June 4 in Kansas City. While the Marine Corps was willing to fly me out for the hearing, there was nothing they would do to help get my witnesses there.

Enter Jim Goodnow. Jim is a member of Veterans For Peace and proud owner of the Yellow Rose of Texas Bus for Peace. He has graciously volunteered his bus and his time to drive myself, and my witnesses all the way to Kansas City from Washington, DC.

We will be leaving from Union Station at 6pm this Friday, driving to Columbus, then from Columbus to Kansas City on Saturday. We will be having a send-off press conference in front of Union Station at 5pm, and you are all welcome to attend, even those of you who are only reading this blog to get me in more trouble.

My attorney has just informed me that the Marines plan to use posts on my blog against me at my separation hearing. So, a quick message to those of you who are wasting government time and resources to spy on me: go fuck yourselves. I was very reluctant to start a blog after hearing the statistics that there are a bazillion new blogs and ten bazillion new blog posts every day. If everyone in the blogosphere is so busy posting this crap, who the hell is reading it? At least someone is reading this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a lot of things in order and the detail of the trip is pretty much taken care of.
I think this is the stuff Cindy Sheehan was asking us to do. Do what we can, each of us, so none has to do it alone.
I can't wait until the military has to eat crow.
They did when they tried to court martial Tim in 1991 and it was SWEET!
Yvette
coilptsd@gmail.com
See you in Columbus.

Anonymous said...

Your actions are certainly Honorable in my eyes. Are you all set for the trip to KC? I'm in Wentzville MO just outside of St.Louis suburbs off Hwy 70. The Yellow Rose of Texas bus would be welcome at our home if you all need a place to stay/shower/eat. My husband was an Army Ranger, and we believe much as you do. I think a Vet standing up and speaking out is heroic. We would be proud to offer you support, let us know if you want to take us up on this sincere offer.
Lorraine
dlreeb@yahoo.com

Mr. 618 said...

Good luck, brother... it sounds like you're going to need it. History has always tried to teach us the USMC was above this kind of garbage, but I guess now, the Corps has to knuckle under to the bushevic thugs just like everybody else. My late brother (a USMC veteran) must be rolling in his grave.

BTW, I'm adding you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the heat for all us veterans. I am in full support of your actions, and don't even see why the gov't has an issue with you.

thanks for not being like them.

good luck in all future endeavors

MadDog said...

Adam, I wish I could have gone out to KC to support you. You are one of my free speech heroes.